Re - Registration
at Middle East Institute:
*Students of graduate program with thesis can register in courses on other graduate programs on condition with getting minimum "5" courses from the program that they are registered in the graduate program with thesis (except specialty and seminar course).
* Doctoral students can register in courses of graduate program on condition with getting minimum "5" and minimum "6" doctoral courses in total from the program that they are registered during course terms (except specialty and seminar course).
* Students have to take minimum 3 of 8 courses in different language which they have to take during the study term. Students can not take the course with same name in different languages.
* Students have to take language courses of Arabic and Persian which are not accepted from ECTS credit burden and are not added into the average in order to pass to the step of thesis.
* Students who are not successful in these language courses can not pass the steps of thesis in graduate program and proficiency in doctorate program.
Review ,Disenrollment in Courses and Objection to Exam Points
1-Students; have to repeat "compulsory" course and courses that they are failed. Instead of "elective" course or courses that they are failed, they can registere in the same course or another course with the verification of advisor as to complete their credits in the next half term.
2-Students who take more courses than the foreseen credit for the graduation can demand to disenroll in the course without considering students' successful/failure.
3-Student can object to the result of any courses to the directorship of institution in written in the late "7 days" since the date that the result is announced. The relevant lecturer evaluates the exam documents which is objected in the late "7 days" from its notification to him/her as he/she reviews them and he/she informs the result with the documents in written to the directorship of institution. If the lecturer finds a mistake in fact at the end of review , the change in point is done by the decision of IEB. That student objects to the result again occurs with his/her application to UEB in written in "7" days from the declaration of IEB' decision.
" Thesis Literary Language of Graduate Programs/ Broadcast Condition for Graduate Program and Broadcast Condition for Doctorate and Proficiency in Art "
1-If student will write his/her thesis in another language except his/her native language , he/she has to have an equalled point from YDS (Higher Education Language Exam) that they document that they have got minimum 80 points from the language, or from an exam which its validity is accepted by YÖK (Council of Higher Education). But the foreign language certification is not demanded if the student completes his /her undergraduate or graduate education in the language which he/she will write his/her thesis in it.
2-Advisor and lecturer who will have duty on the committee of thesis follow-up and on the jury of thesis defense has to get an equalled point from YDS that they document that they get minimum 80 points from that language , or from an exam which its validity is accepted by YÖK. But foreign language certification is not demanded if lecturer completes his/her undergraduate or graduate training in the language of thesis.
3-Turkish bstract should be written in thesis.
1- As students can deliver graduate program thesis to the institute , since the date to start in the study of graduate program;
* The publication of a notice in the form of minimum one article and/or full-article on the relevant department ( congress, conference, symposium) is to be done or the number of DOI ( Digital Object Identifier).
* The publication condition is not needed in the case of completing thesis related to the application by external stakeholder contribution in all institutes.
2- As students can deliver their doctorate thesis to the institute;
*Taking the least one indexed publication in the field ( SCI, SCI-Expanded, SSCI, AHCI) in Middle East Institute or getting a duty on the least accepted one foreign-sourced project.
* The University Senate will determine on what are foreign-sourced projects.
* IEB's directorship might apply different publication conditions as to provide this maximum conditions.